Saturday, December 16, 2006

Update.

I felt I owe it to all of my readers as to what's going on with the lack of recent posting and all.

Since my last post a week ago Friday, my father went into the hospital, and on Thursday morning, he passed away peacefully at the age of 75. He was a kind, wonderful, caring and giving man, and successful in two careers (except in between the two when a certain 13-year-old son helped push him into opening an ill-fated record store).

I still plan on doing the top 100 year-end list, and the reader top 10 (thank you for all the responses so far) which will stay open until I actually make the post, so if you haven't submitted a list, there's still time. I probably won't be doing any "formal" reviews until after the first of the year, so for those artists who have submitted discs, I will be getting around to them in time. If something new and notable occurs that I can dispose of with a short post, I still may do that. For example, Kool Kat has just released new discs from Cloud Eleven and Ed James, which I recommend looking into.

In the meantime, thank you all for your readership and patience.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

My condolensces on your Dad. Sounds like he shared your love of music. Take care through the Holidays.

Jawdy said...

Godspeed, bro. Love the site but your priorities are in the right place. Looking forward to your return - you are in our thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your father. Best to you and your family.

I visit and enjoy Absolute Powerpop regularly.

bobbym said...

My condolences also.

Take Care,

Bob

Anonymous said...

My condolenses on your father.

I enjoy your site. Keep up the good work.

writermonkey said...

Terribly, terribly sorry for your loss.

Tim C said...

Sincere condolences. Take care of what you need to. We'll be here when you decide to come back.

pplist said...

Sincere condolences, Steve, for one of life's deepest losses. You've been missed.

Anonymous said...

Very, very sorry to hear about your loss.

Anonymous said...

My deepest sympathy on the passing of your dad. I will will remember him in my prayers.

The site is great!!

Aaron said...

Steve,

Having gone through a tough time in my life recently -- I can relate and wish you the best. I send you my deepest sympathy and it's obvious that your fan base care about you. Keep up the blog when you are able. The rest of us on your link list will do our best to help carry the load.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for your loss, family matters so please take all the time that you need. Blogs whilst fun are unimportant at times like these.

Seattle Powerpop said...

So very sorry to hear about your loss. All the best through this difficult time.

Kouzie said...

Very sorry to hear about your loss.

Snap Crackle Pop! said...

Steve,

My thoughts are with you in what I'm sure is a very difficult time. Very sorry to hear of your loss. May you find comfort in the memories of your father. All my best,

Craig

Anonymous said...

Deepest condolences on the loss of your father.